WELCOME!

I decided to start this blog to as an avenue for me to be able to post about some of the fun things that I do from time to time. It could be a Car Show revue, what I did on Vacation, what I like about this or that automobile, my experience with a photo shoot, what I have in my Automobilia collection, or whatever I think of at the moment. I hope you like it! All feedback will be appreciated.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Goodguys 25th West Coast Nationals 2

Well I have already posted up my highlights video from the event, but, trying to find the time this week to actually write about has been a little difficult. I started my Fall semester of community college this past week and it's been busy. Wait a minute! What am I saying here. I did actually post the video, but I've actually been kind of lazy. I have been going to school, but since it's been the first week, not to much has been going on. So, now it's late on Saturday night and I have been waiting for another video to upload to my YouTube for the past 6 hours. My computer sucks, the Internet connection in this house does too. So while I'm waiting, I've watched last weekends Formula one race that I had Tivo'd, and a movie to kill time. Now I'm watching SNL and writing this blog entry.

So now I need to talk about my day at the Goodguys 25th West Coast Nationals car show that I attended on Friday the 27th. I had not been to a Goodguys show for more than a year, so I contacted a friend of mine earlier in the week to see if he wanted to go. We didn't actually decide until Thursday night. We decided to go on Friday. I didn't want to have to deal with too many spectators, so that was the verdict. As much as I love to take photos of cars, It can be such a pain to wait around to get that shot of a car that I find pretty cool, because nobody really give a rats butt if someones been sitting there waiting for you to get the heck out the way. Seriously people! Look around and take notice of what's around you. Fortunately I didn't have to deal with it too much. Only 1 time. Anyways, we got to the show and walked in the gate. No sooner do we get in that I had to pull out my video camera. Sitting there were 3 of the coolest cars of the show. A street legal 1937 Fiat Topolino Fuel Altered Dragster, A '33 Ford Lakester, and a 1940 Willys Coupe Dragster. These cars were awesome. I looked at these 3 cars for quite a while. Of course I also shot some video and some photos. Then I started further into the show. A '31 Ford Pickup caught my eye. I took quite a bit of video of this one. Gotta love the old traditional Hot Rod Pickups.

Then off again and not to far away I saw a sweet looking ride that was fit for a "Style King". A 1948 Olds 98 Convertible. The work on this car was very nice, and the paint job was phenomenal. After shooting more video and photos, we headed deeper into the show and I found my cars. A section full of Woodie Wagons that I just couldn't pass up having a look. I have wanted a Woodie Wagon for years. That dream started when I was a teenager living in Southern California and I had decided to to decorate my room with Surf memorabilia. Of course you can't do that without having a Woodie Wagon in the mix somewhere. After looking at them for about 20 minutes or so, we moved on. We went around the corner and came across the "Aero Sport". This car was done very very meticulously. I walked around and checked this car out for quite a while. Once again of course I had to shoot some video footage of this one. It was beautiful. But then again, it was built by Moal Couchbuilders. Oh yeah! This is where I had problems trying to take photos. Sitting there waiting, patiently for everyone to get out of my shot. It only took a couple minutes.

After looking at the "Aero Sport", we headed towards the building to get into some air conditioned buildings. It was hot! But of course I came to another sweet ride. A '29 Ford with a pickup cab, a fuel tank, and a clean in line 6. Then we finally got inside.to cool off. We stayed inside for around 30 minutes then went outside again. We walked around a little more and then I came across the Dragster display. I stopped for a second, and then I saw "Pure Hell" being pulled up with a golf cart and then get put into the display with the other 3 dragsters that were there. It really caught my attention since I had met Rich Guasco several years back when I had my automotive collectibles store in town. He came in a bought some diecast cars and now when I see him I have to talk to him for a minute to see how things are. I asked if he could say a little for me as I recorded him with my video camera. He obliged, but I had to wait a few minutes. We finally got around to getting the video and when we were done, my buddy had to head out. So we left and walked back to the car. I then had him drop me off so I could grab the wife's car, eat some lunch, and head back to the show.

I got back to the show around 2:30 or so and walked around until something caught my eye. I had decided before I got to the show in the morning that I would be pretty picky about what I took video and photos of. They really had to stand out to me and as many as there were, I really had to be more picky. I saw a really cool 49 Chevy COE ramp truck that I really liked. It was awesome. This is another classic that I would love to someday put in my garage. When done checking this out, I walked around and then I came upon something that I just could not resist taking some photos and video of. This cool ride was a 1937 Bonneville Lakester known as "The Meteor". It was in a little bit rough condition, but it was a piece of history just waiting to be restored to original glory. I finished up with the Lakester and headed indoors where the Pinstripers were located. I saw some pretty cool stuff in the building. I talked with one of the stripers for about 5-10 minutes ust so I didn't have to go back outside in the heat. I finally went back out in the heat and looked around for a bit. I shot some video and photos of a couple more cool rides and by this time it was getting pretty late. I should have known since quite a few of the cars had left. I headed back towards the exit and found a few more visually appealing rides. I took more video and photos and finally headed out to the car. All in all, it was a great show and I just wish I could have gone back on Saturday.

To check out some of my videos, please visit my YouTube channel at - www.youtube.com/user/speedtrap73 - I will also post them here when as I get them edited.

To check out my photos, please visit my Razzi profile at - http://razzi.me/speedtrap

No comments:

Post a Comment