WELCOME!

I decided to start this blog to as an avenue for me to be able to post about some of the fun things that I do from time to time. It could be a Car Show revue, what I did on Vacation, what I like about this or that automobile, my experience with a photo shoot, what I have in my Automobilia collection, or whatever I think of at the moment. I hope you like it! All feedback will be appreciated.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

School Project: Vintage 1950's Kitchen Pieces - Part I

As the start of the 2013 Fall semester was approaching, I asked my Autobody Instructor about coming in for an Independent Study course so I could work on some things I have been wanting to get done for a while. He informed that I would be able to so, so when the semester started a couple weeks ago, I got my add card and registered for the course. I had decided to bring in a few items I have been wanting to restore that have been sitting in the garage. I had purchased these items over the past few couple of years in hopes of being able to get them done. So My first project to begin with is my Vintage 1950's Cosco Kitchen Cart and my Vintage 1950's Cosco Step Stool. Another project I would like to work on is my Vintage GE Refrigerator. I may also bring in a couple small table top items for to go with these pieces, A few Restaurant Napkin Holders, a Restaurant Counter Straw Dispenser, and a Radio Flyer Wagon. I brought in the Kitchen Cart and the Step Stool my first week. So far, last week I was able to use the Media Blasting Cabinet over on the Welding side, which is hopefully getting pulled to the Autobody garage at the school to get the Cart stripped down. Only being able to use it when one of the Welding Instructors is in sure causes things to take a lot longer. So far that is where I am at. So for now, here is the stripped down version of the cart. Thank you for reading, and check back for Part II. I will also be blogging about other projects as I work on them.

To view all photos for this project, click here - MJC Independant Study Fall 2013




No comments:

Post a Comment