WELCOME!

I decided to start this blog to as an avenue for me to be able to post about some of the fun things that I do from time to time. It could be a Car Show revue, what I did on Vacation, what I like about this or that automobile, my experience with a photo shoot, what I have in my Automobilia collection, or whatever I think of at the moment. I hope you like it! All feedback will be appreciated.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Today was a loooong day


So! Here's how my day went -

My mother-in-law wakes me up around 9:30am from downstairs with scream, my name. I ask what's going on. She then tells me she broke her arm. She was trying to step over a dog gate in the family room and fell backwards and she tried to break her fall. So I hurry up and get dressed. I get her to the E.R. and get her checked in. It ended up being her wrist. Around 2:00, still at the hospital, I see several nurses and doctors running out the E.R. door. I think they're just running out to get someone in the driveway. Then I see a few more go running out. So, not being nosey, I go to the restroom, then walk outside. A lady asks me, "Do you know what happened?" I tell her "No. I just came out". She then says "You I should go check it out". So I look out as I'm walking toward the parking lot and notice the carnage. My first thought, "Oh Crap! That's where I parked the car". So I go out and check on the car. The first thing I see, from the back, is dirt all over the car. I keep walking forward and I then notice the hood has damage. I see a maintenance worker and he then tells me, "The light pole bounced off the car". A minute or so later I see my father-in-law had just come outside. I call his name and wave for him to come out to the car, and then I tell him, "You better call the insurance company. There's damage to your car". He has someone take my mother-in-law back inside, then heads out to see what happened.

After that, I then I start to look around more. I see the SUV that caused the accident is in the planter just at the edge of the parking lot, and the entry to the parking lot. 3 cars destroyed, 1 missed, then my father-in-laws car. Then the light pole sitting in the driveway. It hit the wheel of the SUV on the other side of the entrance. I look around more. Pieces all over the street, the planter, and the parking lot. But then there's more! In the street is the car that the driver first hit, more debris, and 3-5 more vehicles parked at the curb. These must have been witnesses to the accident. Then I start to follow the trail of debris. I see where the light pole was originally. It was about 200 feet from where it was now sitting. Then I cross the driveway and keep following the debris. I notice that at the street corner it looks like to be where the accident originated. I keep looking for more clues and see more fresh bits of glass and small pieces from the vehicles when they collided. I see the bumper from the car, the foam that is used behind the bumper is scattered, along with so much it was quite disturbing to see so many pieces. Then I look back at where the SUV is at. HOLY CRAP! It was probably 500 feet away. The debris was scattered from that point to past the SUV, and about 50 -75 feet wide. It was like an explosion went off. It was crazy! Apparently a witness helped the guy out of his car, and he took off running. Hospital Security found him out back and apparently held him until the police showed up. Then, after about an hour we were finally allowed to leave. What's next?
Father-in-laws car
The Jeep Cherokee was untouched
other than the dirt
Destruction!
Destruction!
Destruction!
The light pole is on the other side of the bush.
It hit the wheel of this SUV. It was between the
second and third tree. Accident originated at the
sign board you see just to the left of the flag pole.
This was a light pole

What Light Pole?
This is about where the accident originated. Notice the cars
bumper on the grass to the right. At the Red and Blue sign
is where the SUV finally stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment