WELCOME!

I decided to start this blog to as an avenue for me to be able to post about some of the fun things that I do from time to time. It could be a Car Show revue, what I did on Vacation, what I like about this or that automobile, my experience with a photo shoot, what I have in my Automobilia collection, or whatever I think of at the moment. I hope you like it! All feedback will be appreciated.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Long Days!

So far the last 2 days have been all about getting up early and staying up late. After the long 6 hour drive to get to Anaheim, we got up early on Friday morning to get breakfast here at the hotel before the crowd of cheerleaders took the place over. To make it worse for me, I couldn't get to sleep the night before (see previous post). We spent the day at Disneyland until about 3:30 pm. The crowds in the morning weren't to bad, thanks to the rainy weather.

We left and got a little relaxation, something like 15 whole minutes, back at the hotel until we headed up to South Central Los Angeles to pick up my brother for dinner. It had been 17 plus years since we last saw one another. Thanks to a little bit of his stupidity and then getting a conviction. I won't get into that! We went to L.A. Live up by the Staples Center, and of all times to go, there was a Lakers game. The area was just crowded with fans eating dinner before the game. For the 3 of us that went, we had decided to eat at the Yard House. I have never had such an unbelievably awesome Turkey Burger, anywhere that I have had one that would even come close to the one that I had there. We ended up just hanging out and talking for a bit until we decided to leave and go grab a coffee at Illy's inside the JW Marriot hotel. We talked for about another hour or so and then decided it was time to head out and drop my brother off back at home.

Today, Saturday i got up around 6:00 an once again and for ready and headed off on my own up to Cars and Coffee to see what beautiful cars were showing up for the every Saturday morning ritual. I must say this visit was not my best, but it was pretty memorable. Its not very often that one gets to see a sweet, white on white Lamborghini Countach 5000S anywhere. One gentleman also brought out his very clean Ferrari F40 and an early model, mid pillar mirror, Ferrari Testarossa. I was able to get some Black and white shots of the TR, but missed out on getting the F40. I did however get some shots with my 40D. After talking to one spectator for a while, I finally got out by about 9:00 am. By that tome there was only about a dozen cars left. I then headed back to the hotel and dropped off the car.

By the time I got done screwing around on the way back, I finally got to the hotel by 10:30 or so. I then jumped on the bus and headed up to Disney's California Adventure to meet back up with the family. After spending a lot of time doing the usual stuff, we got out to Downtown Disney for a great dinner at Ralph Brenna's Jazz Kitchen. I had never been to this restaurant in the past, but I am glad the group decided to eat here. I was very happy with my dinner. After dinner we walked around for a while and headed back into California Adventure to watch World of Color. By this time, my feet were toasted. The show was very good though and it kept my mind off of my sore feet for a little bit. Once the show was over we ended up going back to the hotel. Now I need to get to bed so I can get up early once again. Leaving early to pick up my brother again so we can head up to Woodland Hills for Supercar Sunday and then some other stuff afterwards. Goodnight! Thanks for the reading.

An Automotive Enthusiast

No comments:

Post a Comment