WELCOME!

I decided to start this blog to as an avenue for me to be able to post about some of the fun things that I do from time to time. It could be a Car Show revue, what I did on Vacation, what I like about this or that automobile, my experience with a photo shoot, what I have in my Automobilia collection, or whatever I think of at the moment. I hope you like it! All feedback will be appreciated.

Friday, June 24, 2011

ROAD TRIP - WYOMING PART 2 - THE LONG DRIVE!!!

Well, after my wife got home from a hard days work, I got everything into the car. We left home around 7:00 PM on Friday. I drove the first few hours and stopped in Sparks, Nevada for Fuel and Coffee around 10:30 PM. Then back on the road we went. The next few stops were the same. I let my wife sleep for a bit until I needed to get a little sleep myself. I woke up just before Battle Mountain, Nevada and switched back to driving again. We arrived in Wendover, Nevada around a quarter to 5 and grabbed more fuel. Then it was over the State Line to the Bonneville Salts Flats so I could get some early morning photographs. I walked around for a while taking pictures in all directions trying to get some decent shots, then around 6:00 AM it was time to get back on the road. But, before I got back on the road I made a quick stop at the gas station and grabbed some Bonneville souvenirs for myself. The last time I was through 2 years ago, they didn’t have much, but this time I grabbed some decals, patches, a shot glass, a coffee mug, a hat-pin, a can coozy, and a few magnets. I would have picked up some post cards, but I grabbed those at the gas station before we crossed over into Utah. Someday I will get there for speed week and really know why this place is so awesome. 

Dawn at Bonneville Salt Flats
After finally getting back on the road and a long night of driving, and since I had only about an hour or so of sleep, I had to pull off at a rest stop and have the Mrs. drive. I figured I would only sleep for another hour. YEAH RIGHT! 2 hours later and almost out of Salt Lake City I woke up and realized we had just passed our next stop. I had kind of figured on where to stop for breakfast before going up the hill. Well like an idiot, before I had fallen asleep, I didn’t tell her where I had planned to stop. OOPS! Oh Well! We ended up pulling off the freeway and looked for somewhere to eat. We found a bakery and had breakfast and then back on the road and she kept driving for a bit.

A couple more stops along the way of places I had noticed the last time through, one of which I did stop at before. The first stop was somewhere in Utah that I had noticed. This was of a property with a bunch of cars, trucks, vans, and other vehicles on the lot. There must have been at least a hundred vehicles just going to waste. I took some shots and off we went. The next stop was an abandoned gas station off of Highway I-80 that we stumbled upon when getting off the freeway for a rest stop. The last time the fence was up and I was only able to take photos from afar. But this time, the gate was open and I was able to walk around and get different shots. I wanted to stop this time more or less to get pictures to show the change in the last 2 years. A little more brush growth, some graffiti and age. After about 20 minutes, we were off once again.

Abandoned Gas Station off I-80

 We next stopped in Rock Springs, Wyoming for lunch and gas. We kept the stop as short as we could. Then we were off to finish the trip. But, of course we need to stop one last time for a restroom break, and then the last stretch was on. We ended up arriving at grandmas around 4 or 5 PM. We then went to the Aunt and Uncles for dinner. Finally! We made it! Time to rest after that long drive. But, after deciding what we were to do the next day, Uncle Bobby and I went to load the Quads for our day of fun. Then one of them refused to start. We worked on that thing until about 11:30 or so with no luck. So, our plans needles to say had to be changed. Check back for the next chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment