WELCOME!

I decided to start this blog to as an avenue for me to be able to post about some of the fun things that I do from time to time. It could be a Car Show revue, what I did on Vacation, what I like about this or that automobile, my experience with a photo shoot, what I have in my Automobilia collection, or whatever I think of at the moment. I hope you like it! All feedback will be appreciated.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Grand Am Rolex Sports Car Championship - 06/09/2011

After the Karting was all done, I wanted to get some photos before the race ended. So I went off to get some photos up at Turn 11 Gate, but forgot I left my camera bag over at Center gate, so over there I went. I stayed for a bit and fortunately I did. I grabbed some shots of Dempsey Motorsports doing a driver change. I put my iPhone camera on, put it on the wall when the car came in and I snapped away with my 40D. It was cool to see so close. Joe Foster came out, Patrick Dempsey jumped in. Yes, the Patrick Dempsey. A cool guy too. After that was all over, I ran back to Turn 11 gate and started grabbing more pics. By this time the race was in a full course yellow. So I walked down the wall to Turn 10 and grabbed some pics and some video with my iPhone. After the race Istayed around to watch the Shifter Karts start up and head onto the track. Then it was time to watch these thing s fly by. I had never watched the Shifter Karts before, and after seeing how fast these things are, I will definately watch the next time.


Patrick Dempsey jumping in
 After a while of watching the Shifter Karts and taking some photos, the race was complete and we gave the drivers a thumbs up as they passed us on their way into the pit entrance there at Turn 11. Then it was over and off I went to watch the fans around the transporters. There was about 20-30 waiting for Patrick Dempsey to come out, but little did they even notice that out the back he went and walked clear across and out of the paddock without anyone chasing him down. Well except for me. I wanted to see if he was coming back in August for the Monterey Motorsports Reunion as he had for the past few years. We shall see if he does or not. If he does, hopefully I'll have a surprise to post on here.

Once I was done it was time to hang out for about an hour then head home. Until the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment