WELCOME!

I decided to start this blog to as an avenue for me to be able to post about some of the fun things that I do from time to time. It could be a Car Show revue, what I did on Vacation, what I like about this or that automobile, my experience with a photo shoot, what I have in my Automobilia collection, or whatever I think of at the moment. I hope you like it! All feedback will be appreciated.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

ROAD TRIP – WYOMING PART 4 – TAKING IT SLOW!

Monday was just a day to do very little. I spent my morning running around looking for a few things that I needed to get. My wife stayed with grandma and I ran to get a charger for my camera batteries at Best Buy, and a new showerhead for grandmas guest bath. I had to get that because I broke it. Then it was off to the store to get stuff for lunch. Not much of a day, but a little relaxation it what a vacation is for.

Tuesday, we decided to go downtown and walk around for a bit and check out the old part of town. We only went to a few shops and drove to a few others close by. While downtown, we went into Lou Taubert Ranch Outfitters. We had been here the last time we came were in town 2 years ago, and I can’t believe how much western wear this place has. Not my thing, but incredible. After we were done downtown, we went back to grandmas for lunch.

After a few hours, the Aunt and Uncle came home from their workday. Everyone got ready, except for grandma, and we left for Dinner and short trip up Casper Mountain. For dinner, we went to Lai Thai Restaurant. The atmosphere was good, and the food was awesome. If you are ever in town and want Thai food, then come here. What I ordered , even though I can’t remember the name, was delicious. It had 3 peppers next to the name if that tells you anything. Once we got out of the restaurant we headed up the road to Casper Mountain. Our first stop was to show us Angel Falls, a very cool waterfall of snow melt just pouring over the cliff. And you could walk right up into it if you wanted to. I loved this place! Too bad we were only there for about 5 minutes. We had to keep heading up the mountain. Next time hopefully I’ll have better lenses, and a better knowledge of how to use my camera.

After several switchbacks and a few stops on the way up to see the view of, well, pretty much everything within a hundred miles, we got to the top of the mountain, and kept going. The views from here were very cool. To top it off, the Full Moon Rising was making the view that much better. But, of course, to throw a wrench in the hole thing, Uncle Bobby didn’t fill up the truck with fuel before we headed up the mountain. So, we had to turn around and head back down. On the way down we saw a few Mule Deer grazing in the front yards of a couple houses along the road. Of course I had to stop and get some photos. The Buck was young, and his antlers as small as they were, were still in velvet. It was a cool site to see. I had never been this close and had never seen a buck in velvet before. After that it was down the mountain. Then when we were almost to the bottom, we spotted more deer on the side of the road. By this time it was getting pretty dark, and then Bobby looked over and saw a shot that I needed to take of the Full Moon over the mountains. Well, I took the shot, and like a dumb idiot, I wasn’t using my tri-pod to get the shot right. Oh well! It was worth the try and I thank him for stopping the truck for the opportunity.

Well to finish off the evening, we made it to the nearest gas station with less than 3 miles worth of fuel or fumes in the tank. YAY! Then it was back to grandmas to get some sleep for the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment