WELCOME!

I decided to start this blog to as an avenue for me to be able to post about some of the fun things that I do from time to time. It could be a Car Show revue, what I did on Vacation, what I like about this or that automobile, my experience with a photo shoot, what I have in my Automobilia collection, or whatever I think of at the moment. I hope you like it! All feedback will be appreciated.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

ROAD TRIP – WYOMING PART 5 – RUNNING AROUND TOWN AGAIN!

Well first off, my external hard drive crashed last week. So, I won't be posting any photos of the trip until I get the drive recovered. Whenever that is, I DON"T KNOW!

Now for the trip -

On Wednesday, The wife and I decided to do a little running around again. I hit a few stores here and there looking for things I might like. I hit the thrift stores and look for anything I might be able to make a profit on. I found some decent stuff too! Not much else to do.

On Thursday, we took grandma to her every Thursday Hair appointment at the JC Penny’s hair salon. I had them drop me off at Starbucks for a good mocha and their opportunity to use their free wife. I thought I would be there for a little while, but they were done in no time. So I told them to leave me here and I would meet up with them where grandma wanted to go for lunch. It was an easy walk across the street. I only got the chance to be at Starbucks for maybe an hour. I got our reservation taken care of for a Bed & Breakfast Inn in Salt Lake City for Saturday so we could break up the drive home.
Once that was done, I did the walk across the street to meet them for lunch.

Once I got there, I wasn’t really that hungry since I had just finished off my banana nut bread at Starbucks. So I just ordered a side of fries and an Ice Tea. Then when the fries got to me, HOLY CRAP! The side of fries was a meal in itself. Once we were all finished, it was back to grandmas to drop her off. She was worn out just from the small amount she did. Age does that to you though. Then once again, the wife and I went to run around and just kill some time. I hit another thrift store and found more stuff to sell. We went to a so-called home décor store. Then back downtown to see if we could find something for our niece. We did find a shirt for her, and my wife got a couple of interesting flower magnets to use at work. She also picked up some Mouse Nuts for her boss. Yes! Moose Nuts. Chocolate covered nuts, in a small bag, with a funny, cartoony moose standing upright covering his jewels. After that, it was into a jewelry store where my wife found some cool earrings and a matching necklace from an artist out of Cheyenne. Oh Yeah! There was a second trip to a bead shop where she had a second set of fly-fishing feathers attached to her head. What the heck is that all about anyways? I don’t get it! But then again, I’m not into that trendy crap.

Once we were done there, my wife wanted to look for a plant to put in grandmas front yard to replace the dead pine tree that was planted there. We looked around and were not able find anything. The one place we stopped at, Herbadashery was pretty decent but not the plants we were looking for. Just herb plants and a small store. While we were there, the town sirens started going off. One of the workers there said something and we were wondering what it was all about. We asked, then she proceeds to tell us, “Wherever you are planning to go, you had better get there, and get there fast. A bad storm was coming, and it was coming pretty fast. So we paid for what we wanted and got out of there. Then on the way back to grandmas, we heard another set of sirens go off. The rain was starting, but not too bad. We got to grandmas and parked the car in the garage, and BAMM!, the storm came.

On our way back, we were seeing some nice bolts of lightning in the not to far away distance, and hearing some pretty loud thunder. So when we got back we wanted to see the storm. It came through at a rapid 60 miles per hour. When the rain started, I could see the water tower that was approximately 1/2 a mile away, but when it really hit, I couldn’t see past the back of the house across the street. I hadn’t seen a storm like this in so long, that I had to try and get some lightning shots with the camera. Well, I didn’t get a shot of lightning, but of the storm was all I got. I decided to just pull out my iPhone and record it. The rain lasted around 15 minutes, and then it was passed. Heavy Lightning. Loud Thunder. Heavy Rain. Hail. Heavy Winds. All in less than 30 minutes. WOW!

So that was our Thursday in Casper. Friday isn’t much to talk about. We did finally find a plant for grandmas front yard, did a little grocery shopping for dinner, and rested for the drive ahead of us on Saturday to Salt Lake City, Utah. However, tonight we were staying at the Aunt and Uncles place for the night.




No comments:

Post a Comment