WELCOME!

I decided to start this blog to as an avenue for me to be able to post about some of the fun things that I do from time to time. It could be a Car Show revue, what I did on Vacation, what I like about this or that automobile, my experience with a photo shoot, what I have in my Automobilia collection, or whatever I think of at the moment. I hope you like it! All feedback will be appreciated.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

VIDEO: Rich Guasco & Pure Hell

About 6 years ago I used to have an Automotive collectibles store. One day a gentleman walks in and shops around. He ends up purchasing a few cool diecast cars from me. When he handed me his credit card I looked at the name. I was shocked to see that it was Rich Guasco. I asked him to sign a "Pure Hell" 1:18 that I had in my office that belonged to a friend. He not only signed the bottom of the car, he signed the top and then added a personal note on the box. I just wish I had one of my own to get signed. DANG IT! Oh well! But then about a month or so later he did come back in to visit and get a few more of those cool 1:18's that he purchased the previous visit. Another happy moment in the life of me.

Well now lets fast forward about 3-4 years. I was attending a Goodguys event then and I was checking out this cool purple deuce coupe and out of the building walks Rich. It was his car i had been admiring. Then I said hello and he actually remembered me. I was shocked. Yet it felt good to find out that he remembered me. So we chatted briefly and then I had my friend take a photo of Rich and I, then off we our seprate ways we went.

Now fast forward again to the Goodguys 25th West Coast Nationals. That same friend is with me, and we were about to leave when I had to get out of the way since these guys were pulling a dragster to the display area we were in front of. Yet again, here comes Rich with his car being pulled to this display. Once again, Rich remembered me. So I used my video camera to capture the dragster and then I asked Rich if he would be willing to say a few words for me to record. He abliged, but I did have to be patient as he was a little busy, and there was a band playing on a stage about 40 feet away. When he finally had a moment, he asked me where I wanted him to stand. Then I pushed record and here in the video is most of what he had to say. THANK YOU RICH for being such an cool gentleman to me everytime we run into each other at a show.

No comments:

Post a Comment