WELCOME!

I decided to start this blog to as an avenue for me to be able to post about some of the fun things that I do from time to time. It could be a Car Show revue, what I did on Vacation, what I like about this or that automobile, my experience with a photo shoot, what I have in my Automobilia collection, or whatever I think of at the moment. I hope you like it! All feedback will be appreciated.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

VIDEO: 2011 Porsche Rennsport Reunion IV #3 - FRIDAY

Event Poster
I know its been a month since the event, but I have finally got 1 of my videos put together from the weekend. I have included the only photos I was able to get due to being so busy working. These pics are from my phone, so the quality isn't the best. I would have preferred to have used my Canon 40D. Anyhow, The event was awesome, and the first video of many to come is from Friday morning when I was walking through the paddock to get to where I worked the entire weekend.

So, I need to get everyone up to date as to how the weekend went, so here we go.

I had only planned on working the event on Saturday and Sunday, but as it turned out, I was able to get a ride with another track volunteer on Friday morning. I was able to get out of school for the day. Not much happens in lab on Friday anyways, so I took advantage of it and went down for the extra day. I got everything ready late Thursday and hit the sheets. As usual, from the excitement of what was ahead all weekend, I didn't get very much sleep. I was up and ready to go long before my ride even got here.


Mercedes-Benz Transporter
After stopping at a few places along the way, we arrived around 9:30 or so at the track and we got our stuff settled and off I went to my post. But, of course I pulled out the video camera and grabbed some footage of some of the cars on my way to my post. I have absolutely no complaints either about where I was. The Start/Finish gate was probably one of the best places I could have been stationed. Some great things to see from there. The day went great.

At the end of the day, I got the usual - "Go lock up the garages" and of course I couldn't say no. I had wanted to go get some photos of the cars that were in the garages for display all weekend and thought it would be the opportunity to do so. But, I didn't get to do so. I can't complain either. I was able to get a very exclusive, brief, but exclusive look at the 918 RSR SPYDER that was their for potential customer to view. I was taken into the garage, and as I walked around the corner I immediately saw it with the silk cover over it. Even with the cover it was a beautiful car. Then they pulled the cover off. WOW! Amazing! I looked it over for about all of maybe 2 minutes and I have to say, this is the best example of a modern day Porsche. I am not really to keen to liking the marque as far a the road going cars go, but this cars was sexy. So, don't get me wrong about my liking the marque though. If it's a race car, then I just can't resist seeing them hit the track. I also have to say this, I used to love Porsche when I was a young kid, about 25-30 years ago, but it just couldn't be. I have a passion for another fast marque. However, my liking has slightly been re-kindled from being at this event.

So, now that I've thrown out my experience for the day, enjoy the video and please tell me what you think by posting or liking the video on my YouTube channel. And, if you could please do so, if you like what you see, SUBSCRIBE to my channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment