WELCOME!

I decided to start this blog to as an avenue for me to be able to post about some of the fun things that I do from time to time. It could be a Car Show revue, what I did on Vacation, what I like about this or that automobile, my experience with a photo shoot, what I have in my Automobilia collection, or whatever I think of at the moment. I hope you like it! All feedback will be appreciated.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Winter Wineland Weekend - Saturday Part 2

To continue my experience, we next went on to White Oak Vineyards. As we were coming down the drive, I noticed a couple things that were of more importance to check out than the wine. I noticed a very cool old automobile sitting out by a very nice fountain. When I got out I immediately set myself up to get some photos. I looked at the car first to see what it was, It was a White Star Car from the very early 20th century. It was from probably around 1914 or so. It was a very cool car too. I had never seen one before, so Obviously I needed to get a few shots.
White Star Touring Car - White Oak Vineyards
After taking a few shots I was approached by some ladies that were rather tipsy to take a shot of them on the car. So, of course I just had to oblige their request. But, like an idiot, I didn't take a shot with my own camera. Oh Well! Then it was time to take my shots of the fountain. I spent some time trying to see how I wanted to shoot it, and of course, since I didn't have a wide-angle lens, it made it harder to do it, So I went into detail mode. I captured some decent shots though, so I really can't complain about it. Here is my favorite shot from the group.
Fountain - White Oak Vineyards
After everyone was done, we finally headed out to the next stop on of the days agenda, Robert Young Estate Winery. Another winery with a peaceful setting in the Alexander Valley that is a must visit. I didn't spend much time shooting around this winery, but none the less, it was a beautiful place. At least I got to sample some chocolate.
Tasting Room - Robert Young Estate Winery
Then off once again to the next stop. We headed out from here and stopped at deLorimier Winery. The setting here was rather simple and sits in the middle of what else, more vines. By this time a good portion of the group was getting a little sauced and tired. But they managed to get through it and enjoy it. My favorotie part here was the stained glass window. Here's my shot of that.
Stained Glass - deLorimier
We were finally on our way to the final stop of the day. We finished off the day at Trione Winery. Another nice setting that was very relaxing. It was here that, believe it or not, was my first experience in trying fresh oysters. I have to say they were very good. When inside the tasting room, I happen to notice a certain group again. The ladies I took the photo of on the White Star. A fun group that was having a fun day like the rest of us. I did manage to give them my email address so as to get one of them to send me the photo I took of them. We shall see if that actually happens though. With all that said and done, here are a couple shots of what caught my camera eye at Trione.
Playtime Pony - Trione Winery
Trione Tasting Room
Sign Sunset
Since this was the end of the day we started to head back to the rental in Rio Nido. We took the scenic route through the country side to enjoy the views of the area. Conveniently this was about the time of the end of the 49er's game. The final 2 minutes of a game and all we could do was listen in on the radio. Since I am not much of a football fan, I'm normally not into it. But since I am a bay area resident, I was actually into this game. It was exciting! Anyways, we know the results of the game and it was an great way to end the day. We got back to the rental and had dinner then it was time to relax and get a good nights rest.

If you would like to see more pictures from the weekend, please click - WINTER WINELAND PHOTOS

2 comments:

  1. What a great trip! Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed the wine as much as the chocolate. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chocolate was delicious! Of course we had to buy some. I was a DD, so I was not able to try any wine. I loved your Estate though. I really want to come back and actually have a chance to taste.

    ReplyDelete