WELCOME!

I decided to start this blog to as an avenue for me to be able to post about some of the fun things that I do from time to time. It could be a Car Show revue, what I did on Vacation, what I like about this or that automobile, my experience with a photo shoot, what I have in my Automobilia collection, or whatever I think of at the moment. I hope you like it! All feedback will be appreciated.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Started the tare down on the S15

Well today was one of those days where you are tired from not getting enough sleep, but just seem to keep going. I went to my Autobody Collision class this morning as I do every Monday and Tuesday. I couldn't get to sleep last night until very late and had to to get up around 6:30 to be at school by 8:00. Class was good, but I just wasn't in the mood to do more dent repairs. Yesterday was no issue, but for some reason today I didn't feel like doing it.

I ended up getting home around 12:30pm, and when I got home I decided I'd better start to do some work to my '88 GMC S15 Extended Cab (My Project). A few weeks back I had a nice Heater Core blowout that soaked the passenger floor. Well I got that fixed but just didn't have any opportunity to removed the soaked carpet until today. The carpet was very nasty anyways, so this gave me an excuse to get it the hell out of there. I removed the ugly seats, tore it out, found a pine cone, some fries and some change from whomever owned the truck before. Oh yeah! I found some plastic green car that was junk and tossed it out too. Then I decided to somewhat fix some of the holes on the bed rail. The previous owner must have had a camper or a rack on it. The holes are raised a lowered and needed to be fixed. All 32 of them! I'll get around to spot welding the holes in and smoothing the dents out later when I actually know how to weld. After that I cleaned the nasty dirty bare floor of the cab and put the seats back in. Then I needed to put a couple of quarts of oil in it and adjusted the Hood Latch so I had less of a problem trying to release it. Now I got all that squared away. My next job is to removed the hood and fenders and get them sanded down and primered. From there I will start the bed repairs and see where I need to go when I get that done. I just need it to get me through until October. Then the serious stuff begins.

That's all I have for now! Off to get some rest so I can get some more stuff taken care of tomorrow before I head to my Photography Class in the evening.

LATER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment