WELCOME!

I decided to start this blog to as an avenue for me to be able to post about some of the fun things that I do from time to time. It could be a Car Show revue, what I did on Vacation, what I like about this or that automobile, my experience with a photo shoot, what I have in my Automobilia collection, or whatever I think of at the moment. I hope you like it! All feedback will be appreciated.

Friday, May 20, 2011

FERRARI RACING DAYS CHAPTER 2 - 2011


Rubens Barrichello Ferrari F2003-GA / DRIVER - Bud Moeller
Well I made it to chapter 2!

I spent so much time Thursday getting my stuff packed, my music downloaded and getting my iPhone stuff updated that I didn't get to get until after midnight. Then I had to get up around 3:15 to get ready to be picked up by my friend who is my Director at the track so we could head out from town and arrive early to Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca for 3 more awesome Ferrari Racing Days. We got here about 6:30 or so and I immediately got my tent set up so I didn't have to worry about it later in the day. Once everything was set up and in place, I did the usual not so fun things to get the go-kart track set up in the paddock for the spectators to be able to spend at their leisure to have some fun while here for the day.

After the kart area was done it was finally time to eat. I was starved. I ate my usual bowl of Special K before I had left home, but it just was overdue to eat again. Once my hunger was satisfied I ran around for a bit. I ran into some past acquaintances and talk to some spectators that were just having a great time. Part of the reason I love to be here. Not only am I having a great time, but I know that the fans are having a great time as well. It's actually quite satisfying. I spent most of the day at different areas relieving other volunteers. I was able to chat with one of the Formula One car owners. He was ear to ear with happiness of his most recent ride. He had mentioned at the Infineon event a few weeks ago that he had just acquired a 2003 chassis. What a sweet ride it is. Besides his car, there are 5 other F1 cars here for the weekend. OH YEAH! My weekend is going to be awesome.

During my rounds I had Gil Campbell, the track CEO came and jumped on the back of my scooter for a ride to the Stewards office to get something, and the run her back to Turn 10 gate where they had been doing pace car rides. While there, I happened to get a chance to have a brief chat with Justin Bell. A very nice gentleman. Well, after spending some more time working various areas at 3:45 it was time for me to get to The Corkscrew to see and get some shots of the F1 cars. One great thing about being a volunteer here is that I can go through the fence and get the good close shots that the media gets to shoot. In 20 minutes I shot 586 pictures from 4 areas of The Corkscrew. It was awesome seeing these Formula One beauties come through. 20 Minutes went by like it was 5. To little time! I wanted more! But not today. I'll have to rty to get away for a bit on Saturday and Sunday.

I left The Corkscrew and went back to the Garages to see the F1 owner I have come to enjoy talking to about his awesome good fun. I showed him a set of pics that were not what he had wanted to do. He ended up breaking a little late and went off track up at The Corkscrew. HE laughed it off and enjoyed the shots. While there, I happened to notice a very tall gentleman that I had seen several times throughout the day. I leaned over to another gentleman and said, "He looks familiar! Who is he?" The gentleman imediately says, "It's Mac Fleetwood!" I was rather suprised, but thought yet once again, I never know who I will ever bump into here. It was cool! I spoke to him very very briefly. No Pics! No Autographs! Just a brief few words. Maybe tomorrow I'll get to get that pic.

My night has come to an end! Time to get a shower and get this grimy dirt off of me that seems to always get on you from the wind. More to come tomorrow.

Jacky Ickx 312 PB



Gerhard Berger Ferrari F189/640

Michael Schumacher Ferrari F2001 / Driver - Anthony Noble

Michael Schumacher Ferrari F2004

To see all of the days shots of these beautiful Formula One cars,
Click here -

No comments:

Post a Comment